A Big First

Today, with the 90 degree heat beating down, we decided that it was high time to give the little tike a haircut. Give him a gold star because there were NO tears and he held pretty still! (most of the time) Now he is sporting a smart looking crew cut to keep his little noggin cool this summer. As some of you know, my hair reaches my lower back now. Many have suggested that I trim it to a more manageable do. For me, the cool factor is tempting, but I'm not ready to lose these tresses yet. They took too long to grow!

Lookin' sharp eh?

The garden is booming, but for goodness sake, please, can some of these tomatoes turn red??? I have at least two bushels of tomatoes just sitting on the vines right now. Green. I'm anxious to get them off the plants due to the bird/bug factor. But my hands are tied until they turn. So turn already!!

Just a small sampling of the many MANY clumps of green tomatoes in my garden. But this one is turning red...

The great shell pea experiment was a failure. It is just too hot for them out there. We are planning to put them on the north-west side of the yard next year which gets much less sun.

The pickling cucumbers have dozens of little babies.

Everything else, however, is fruiting. (except the corn of course) I'm dreaming of canned salsa, stewed tomatoes, and pasta sauce, home made pickles and mounds of steamed green beans. Jake is asking me to pickle the crab apples we have out back too. I guess I should just enjoy this calm before the storm. Much work lies ahead!

Comments

Post a Comment