Maybe a Barn? -and- Projects to Move

I believe we have found our house.

Maybe there is a large antique tobacco barn in our future? Hows that for appropriate. Hubby says that he can turn part of a barn into a ready made chicken coop in almost no time. And he is talking cattle, or maybe just one. I'm not really game for that right away, but perhaps.

Today I went through my project stockpile and realized how much I have just hanging right now! Maybe I need to finish some things before we move, heck, before I start something else...quick!

I have two quilts in progress. One I have been working on for over 4 years now and need to just finish already. But I was a little inexperienced and really should have done some smaller things first. A king size panel quilt pieced by hand is NOT a good way to introduce yourself to the wide world of quilting. After putting it down in 2006, I made two more small ones from beginning to end for my son when he was an infant. That's how I learned how difficult hand quilting really is. Now I have a machine and I'm working on yet another quilt, but machine pieced. This one needs to be completed soon before Evan gets into a bigger bed. I know he will love the dancing dragons!


I've started WAY to many embroidery pieces lately, but I'll hopefully finish this one soon. I was reintroduced to split stitching by a friend I met online. We wanted to re-ignite the tradition of women getting together to sew. It did re-ignite my passion for making useful things pretty! This is a basket cloth for keeping dinner rolls warm. I have yet to do the borders but will get on that soon so that I can move this from my sewing 'area' (Maybe a room soon!) to the kitchen ready for use.



Tomorrow we look at properties. Hopefully the pictures the Realtor sent are sincere and we get a good surprise. Maybe a barn?

Comments