Keeping Busy

I've been in a nesting fit lately. I'm wringing my hands with the knowledge that I will need to pack up my house soon, but we won't know exactly when for another month or so. It's driving me slowly insane! I've kept myself occupied doing the 'clean sweep' method on the house and have made a toss, donate, and sell pile. I'm not moving any more than I need to!

Worse than that, despite the snow, I have my early spring flowers peeking up from their mantle of white! My desperate need to cultivate and mulch is setting in!! But I have to use restraint. I'll be attempting to transplant a little of each bed to the new yard soon.

Baking has been keeping me busy as of late. If I keep myself in the kitchen time seems to go by quicker. And since we were snowed in up here for three days, I spent lots of time in the kitchen. My first truly beautiful cake was born this week. A caramel apple upside-down cake which disappeared almost overnight. (Thanks O bottomless pit husband of mine!) Then today I turned out four dozen oatmeal raisin cranberry cookies. Might as well throw some nutrition in there.


I'm eager to learn how to cook in a gas oven. But I'm afraid I will have to learn all over again since I have just now figured out our wonky electric one. But I've been told nothing compares to gas and I won't want to ever go back. We shall see!

Comments