Rabbits, Rabbits, Everywhere!

Newly discovered patch of iris on the hillside

We finally got the garden in this past weekend. Despite a newly broken toe due to my overwhelming clumsiness and a little head cold (No, I don't have swine flu folks, sheesh). Two rows of corn, two of bush beans, one of sweet peas, several tomatoes in various types and styles, jalapenos, and five mounds of pickling cucumbers. The nursery was out of bell peppers, and my carrots will not be sewn until the full moon. (Thank you Farmer's Almanac!)

Grow little guy!

I hope everything does well! The tomatoes seem awfully happy since they get shade around 4pm and it gives them a break. I'm nervous about the seeds, but I will be until they pop out of the ground. Then I have a new thing to worry about...

Just what I needed.
More deceptively cute but destructive critters.


These guys...

Note cat on stairs. Note closeness of bunny. Note that bunny is still hopping through my backyard.

Sure, they look all cute and cuddly now, but wait until they are munching on the beans! I am trying to take non threatening measures against the new furry plague. But it is frustrating. Cayenne pepper has been rumored to do the trick so I'm making a liquid hot pepper spray to shower the edges of the garden with this weekend. Hopefully before there are any casualties on either side.

Comments

  1. goodluck and God bless to your newstart! :)_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could be getting a free dinner! You just need to get over the cute fluffy bunny thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we figured that one out last year. I have four lovely ones left in the freezer from last summer that need to be braised soon!

    I had to be told that it is indeed safe to eat them in the summer. It's an old wives tale that they aren't any good in the warm months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment