Getting ready for Christmas

Rainy days are not very Christmasy, but reflect the mood in the house right now.

Welp, Looks like I dropped the ball on posting lately. But life was busy for a couple of months. We also had some tough times thrown at us. At this moment, we are still not sure if internet will be economically viable for the future.

A nice sight to come home to. I've always loved the warmth of door wreaths.

Jake got laid off of his job and we are living on unemployment and my meager once a week income. Things look bleak at the moment. But we have a house and the means to keep it for now. We have each other, and that is the most important part.

Wait...What?

We have a new family member or two. (or ten...if you count the legless ones in the snake room downstairs) This is Willow, and yes, he is the third installment on the 'Willow series' that my husband has been collecting on. He might have a complete set yet!

Evan is really excited this year! He is really into Santa!

We are trying to establish traditions in the new house. There is more room for decorating and the holiday trinkets and baubles really add so much warmth to an already warm home. (Who am I kidding, hubby HATES Christmas! He is not trying to establish anything! I'm just waiting for the day his heart grows three sizes too big.)

My Grandmother collected these old world Santas. I'm proud to display them!

I'm ready for the baking and I've been gift making for the last month. I have a few final touches and I can move on to the dozens of projects I've got waiting to do for myself! And I plan of trying to sell some things in the future.

The economy and our predicament is trying to get me down. And it is succeeding to some degree. But I'm living vicariously through my child and trying to see the season through his eyes. Hopefully we can live our dreams very soon and start building our dreams up again!

Comments

Post a Comment