Moving Along

The Pineapple tomatoes adore the grow lights

Things are progressing nicely in the plans for the garden. The seedlings are much larger and now look like real tomato plants! Though the Brandywines are getting burnt edges on the leaves that concerns me. I have plenty of the Pineapple tomatoes to fill the position, but that means that almost all of my stewed tomatoes will be orange. I'm sure they will taste awesome though. 

Jake tilled out a spot for my first real flower bed this last weekend and lined it with a nice stone wall. This area will also house my herbs and perhaps some perennial vegetables like Rhubarb and Asparagus. It still needs some prettying up near the back wall but I'm sure the Four o Clocks and sunflowers I have planned will hide that for now. 


The actual garden still looks bare, but the peas are starting to come up slowly, no thanks to the sparrows, and I put in the row of Broccoli that I have been nurturing. Temperatures are climbing overnight now and it's hard to believe that I will be able to start transplanting tomatoes in just a matter of weeks. 

 Evan helping his dad spread gravel in the drive. As Jake says, each little shovelful is one I don't have to make!

Evan has been a great little helper. He has his own garden plot now with little peas all in a row. He likes to dig holes for me to transplant. And he has a little hoe that he chops around the garden edges. It really doesn't do much but I appreciate the effort! 

The two on the right are made with Sugar and Creme cotton. The left side is acrylic. I prefer the cotton!

My knitting is getting better and I've been using dishcloths to practice my patterns. I'm moving on to larger things soon and will probably attempt a sweater or cardigan soon. 
.
Spring has brought us blessings already. I received a fortune at our local Chinese joint the other day that really made sense. 'Your happiness in intertwined in your outlook on life' I hope we all can start enjoying the little things in life that brighten up our whole lives. 

Stay tuned! Next week: By popular demand, Pot Roast!

Comments

  1. Your knitting looks great! I am also envious of the garden. Mine will be started in the next week in my containers as I have been too busy till now. Hopefully I am not too late for the peas, the family loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, since we moved so late last year, the garden didn't get planted until the first week of May. I got some peas, just a bowlfull out of one row! So the earlier the better, but I think if you get them in by the end of March, you'll be ok. I need to re-sew myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a beautiful mop of red hair, does Evan have a few freckles to go with it? That's the best time to spark their interest when they little.
    Your knitting is great, to good to wash with.
    Your ready for bigger things.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rina: Evan is freckle free! The native american from his daddy granted him dark eyes and skin that tans...on a redhead.

    And I don't have the heart to wash with them either. Many are ending up as doilies and potholders!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment