Big Changes

This weekend was all over the place. The garden is keeping me busy, as it will most of the next three months. But we had a flurry of activity and lots of big decisions to make. 

 Firstly, we have looking for a pasture for rent so that we could anticipate getting a new member of the family. You know, the grass eating kind that you can ride around on. And we found the perfect place just a couple of miles down the road. Lots of land loaded with grass and trees and lots of potential. 

 Well, that day was the same day I found HER. Exactly what I was looking for. A small but stout Haflinger mare with spunk but patience for a green rider like me. And she was the first one we looked at. Bang, connection. 

Her name is Lilly. And she is going to change my life. I'm sure of it. Right now the change is that I'm running back and forth two times a day just to let her know I'm there and that she is in a good home now. And we will have to adjust to the ins and outs of working with horses. 

And I think it will be an easy adjustment. She's totally worth it!

Comments

  1. She looks like she is a deep thinker with those eyes! Congrats on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep Thinker, Deep Eater....I think they are the same right? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment