Time off

Ok...

Yes...

I know! It's been MONTHS now since I've updated. But I have excuses...I do! Whether you believe them or not is your choice. Life has been hectic as of late. And honestly, I just dropped the ball. Please forgive me!
Nasturtiums, one of the last before the frost took them all

I started selling at a local market. Selling knitted apparel and stuffed toys, jams, jellies and my overabundance of fruits and vegetables. So much of my free time has been spent at a sewing machine or holding knitting needles. 

 Too many tomatoes!!!!! (I know, everyone tried to tell me...)

The horses have taken up plenty of time too. Jim found a new home at a therapy center and is enjoying his retirement giving those with disabilities rides around a nice flat pasture. I think it's the best thing that could have ever happened to him. And then we got Sachi AKA Sara's Cha Ching. She is a retired off the track Thoroughbred who we were privelidged to adopt and has become my husbands pride and joy. We have been spending many hours clearing an acre of our property to give them a place right in our back yard. We will be moving them soon.

 View from top of the pasture

We also started volunteering at a local horse rescue organization. Hope for Horses, check them out! Jake specifically works with the horses that have *ahem* stronger personalities. There has been a rodeo show or two but we think some good will come of it when those horses are adopted to loving families. I was asked to come on board as their webmaster and have been working with that task on the side.

 Jake's 'princess' Sachi

Finally, Jake and I have been more involved with the SCA. And, as all of you fellow SCAdians out there know, that is another life all into itself. Jake entered into the equestrian games full force and came home winner of the Joust at War of the Wings V. I am so proud of him!

Jake takes the Joust, pictured on the right

So yes, not much time here!! And to be completely honest, I didn't believe anyone was really reading my blog, save a couple of close friends. I was wanting this blog to be a guide to how lives can change, how we can all become a little more sustainable with baby steps. I was disappointed in what I thought was a lack of interest. Then I am told that the blog has been passed around secretly! Completely unknown to me! Well y'all, you need to tell me these things! Comment! Follow! Let your voice be heard! I need to know you are out there. And I will get back into the habit and make the time. More recipes are coming! More knitting! More STUFF! Hold on, I've got a couple of months to make up for now...

Comments

  1. Good to see you back! Sorry we don't live closer, I would have taken some of those tomatoes off your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, glad to know you! I appreciate your efforts and feel the same! (and I would have gladly taken many of those tomatoes... ours didn't survive the chickens this year). Hoping to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment