Promised Abundance

Tigger patrols the Tomatoes. She is our resident Puppy-cat

I have been amazed how much can change in only a weeks time. The baby birds flew away. It only took one day. They were there one morning, and that afternoon the nest was empty. Now we have said goodbye to their parents as well. We plan to put out birdhouses to welcome them, and other insect eaters to our garden next year.

Two days of growth, and this beauty is almost doubled!

One group of vegetables in particular took quite a mighty leap this week. I awoke Monday to a dozen or more baby Tomatoes. As you can see from the pictures, they grow fast! They were obviously happy about the snack of fish emulsion that I gave them last weekend. My cucumbers have babies and are covered with large yellow blossoms. I worry that I have seen so few honey bees this year. I have spoken to my husband about possibly getting a hive. Both for the pollinators and the free honey!

Evan insists on riding the tractor when his Daddy mows.

We are, however, very worried right now. Jake's hours have been cut significantly. Then, once that news had sunk in, I received a call that one of my clients just does not have any work for me right now. So we are going to be losing some income. I have considered getting a part time night job, but in order to make up for just one day of work for my little business, I would need to work a 30 hour week at a $7 per hour job. I don't know what to do right now really. But we are trudging on. Jake and I agree that no matter what, we will pay our mortgage. If it comes down to us sitting in a dark house we will stay here. It is our home. We have been welcomed. And we will do what we must to keep it.

Comments