Anniversary

The front entrance of our home leading into the dining area and bath/bedrooms.

Today it has been two years since we closed on our home. And what a big anniversary it is! I've walked through my house countless times thinking about how much I love it. How easy it is to clean, how it utilizes the space so well, how much the land we have can provide. We don't regret a minute of it!

So I purchased my anniversary gift last week and got this lovely violet. She was sitting in the dollar cart and in all likelihood would have been tossed in the bin at the end of the day. Her soil was dry, leaves curling and scarred, and she had two scraggly blossoms with brown edges. I took her home for $.99 and had her blooming fresh and with new leaves in a week. It always amazes me how much change you can get out of a little love. I think she is a perfect new resident in my little west window. 

Lettuce on the left, Radishes on the right

The garden is coming along. Despite waking up to snow on this first day of April. Surely it is Winters last huzzah. Things will be warming up this week and I can finally get everything rolling for the gardening season. I would like to see the mud go away though.

Lacework scarf knitted in soft cotton sock yarn

So, in the meantime, I've been knitting. Fighting the possibility of having walking pneumonia by sitting on my butt as much as possible but trying to get something accomplished regardless. I'm knitting more complicated designs with ease and the clacking of the needles, the slipping of the soft cotton yarn is very soothing. It helps me be patient. Warm days and growing things are coming soon.

Comments